In collaboration Nils Clauss and I co-directed CHOA, a short documentary featuring female Korean ice hockey player Choa Choi. The project was shot in association with UIC/Yonsei University. You can view the project here.
Nils and I are very thankful for the Vimeo Staff Pick award and are planning a few more collaborations throughout 2014.
Here’s a list of highlights from 2013. This year was full of surprises and I’m very thankful for all the opportunities and collaborations that happened throughout last year. 2014 is going to be awesome!
Highlights from 2013:
– Seeing Hong Kong and volunteering in Thailand with Katie.
– Finishing a 20 episode tv show in Seoul called Semipermanent.
– Collaborating with the Calnin Bros stateside.
– Beautiful Cambodia and seeing Angkor Wat for the first time.
– Shooting my first feature (before 30! a past goal of mine) which is titled Finders Keepers: Stranger Than Fiction.
– Katie and I finding a church that we attend in Seoul.
– Traveling back to the southern U.S. for summer and seeing friends.
– Losing my Iphone three times in Korea and having it returned back to me every time!
– Working with Pioneers in Nepal
– Australia! I lost my Iphone here for good.
– Hugging a Koala Bear and hiking the Blue Mountains.
– Meeting with other creatives in Seoul.
– Collaborating with Nils Clauss
– Visiting Fiji with the HUMAN crew.
– Experiencing more of Korea through a food documentary project I’m currently working on.
– Feeling like Seoul is becoming Katie and I’s home.
– Long chat with cinematographer Stephen Murphy in London.
– Seeing family, friends, and Moses over Christmas 2013.
Goals for 2014:
– Regular excercise (Production is a physical job… I’d like to do this for a long time).
– New Reel in 2014.
– Shoot more with a light meter*
– Communicate goals and aspirations more.
– Edit less.
– Be “present” more with family and friends.
2012 was great year full of new adventures and fun projects. Very excited about new partnerships and future projects on the horizon for 2013. Thankful for awesome friends, family, and especially my amazing wife Katie. Let’s make 2013 awesome. Happy New Year from Hong Kong!
Feels crazy to say it but my wife and I now live in Seoul. We have talked about living abroad for a few years so after my wife got a job offer with an international school based in Seoul we took the plunge. I will continue to freelance and have already shot a few things as well as received a longer gig with Korea’s Arirang Network for a new show “Semi Permanent”. It’s amazing how meeting other creatives transcends language and culture. Katie my wife is loving her new job and work environment. Although we miss our friends and family dearly we are really enjoying our time here so far! What an amazing city filled with amazing people.
It’s pretty rare when you get to shoot a music video of a band you listen to while working with friends… but that was exactly what happened. Kudos to Jacob Lewis and Jon Muedder for bringing me in to shoot and produce along side them. Looking forward to more collaborations in the new future.